02 May 2006

Number Seven: internet dating

Related to number six - whilst you realise that you can't spend your life alone, you simply don't have time to go and find Mr/Miss Right in reality. Think of all that valuable procrastination time you'd have to spend in the pub/bar/cafe/park. Surely it's far simpler to stay in, compose, edit and recompose an ad, fauxtoshop your picture until you look less drunk/red/big nosed (or whatever your personal paranoia is) and then search through the endless lists of people who
1) you're not interested in, or
2) who you can add to your "favourites" only to have them ignore your expensive, laborious and protractedly composed attempts at seduction.

Not that I'm bitter or owt.

For those of you proficient in advanced thesis avoidance, find a friend of the opposite sex/alternative sexual persuasion for whom you can look for matches in a caring and sharing kind of way. This at least doubles your number of profiles to peruse.

3 comments:

Oberon said...

......what is the most important thing?

Miss Beaver said...

Ah ha - you're making the mistake of thinking that they actually mean something, whereas actually their main importance is what they're not. Or possibly, how much they can stop me doing my thesis. In the case of the latter it's probably got to be number two - whereas once, long ago, when I used to draw all my work by hand, my reflex action was to sharpen my pencil every six questions, now whilst sat at my computer my right hand has trained itself to click on the "ebay" tab on Safari instead. Sad but true.

Beautiful photographs by the way (if that's the same Oberon). You're even providing me with a way to avoid my blog!

Miss Beaver said...

and it's invariably a disasater too... Oh well, back to the computer I guess.