02 May 2006

Number Ten: Train for a Marathon

I can't believe I'm on number ten. My housemate can hear the click-clickity-click of keys and keeps telling everyone how hard I'm working into the night, tells me she has every faith in me and provides me with endless cups of tea so I don't have to interrupt my working. So now not only do I get work avoidance guilt, I get typing deceit guilt too. Oops. I am a bad, bad person.

Doesn't last long though - back to the case in hand (which is partly her fault anyway!)

Training for a marathon can help out in many ways. It can negate Number Seven (as if you ever chance to leave the confines of your room, your newly svelte figure combined with your radiation tan from months in front of the compuer screen is sure to attract a real, three dimensional person. If only you had time to see them...), and if you're doing it for charity then you've got the added responsibility to not let either your friends who have sponsored you nor the poor disadvantaged (insert beneficiaries of chosen charity here) down. You can even add on optional extras of shopping for appropriate sports gear, searching for training tips or - "two birds with one stone" time here - talk to people on forums about your progress.

I'm only running about 10k every other day, and it takes at least 2 hours out of my day once I've changed, stretched, ran, showered, cooled down, recovered, eaten, had a little nap to recuperate. I'm just too damn lazy to run the 26 miles.

No comments: